Can he be a Threat to Pakistan’s Nuclear Assets?
By Jawad Raza Khan
It was an intelligence miscalculation-they don’t have WMDs but……..- we had to be sure – These were something like confessions by Mr. Collin Powell after invading Iraq on the pretext of WMDs, which were never found. Statements by Foreign Secretary of Washington Empire, clearly speaks of overwhelming effects of Machiavelli-ism on US politics.
Niccolò di Bernardo dei Machiavelliwas an Italian philosopher, humanist, and writer based in Florence during the Renaissance. He is well known in modern politics as a writer of his book The Prince. As per Machiavelli, to retain power Prince can act immoral in order to cement the political structure of his state. It is indeed a strange phenomenon that champions of Democracy in today’s world follow Niccolo Machiavelli, who interestingly had a soft corner for Tyranny.
Leo Strauss, the American political philosopher, declared himself more inclined toward the traditional view that Machiavelli was self-consciously a "teacher of evil," (even if he was not himself evil) since he counsels the princes to avoid the values of justice, mercy, temperance, wisdom, and love of their people in preference to the use of cruelty, violence, fear, and deception. Still Strauss invented the hypothesis of strong nationalism for the survival of America which later on turned into the theory of neoconservatives (The real follower of Machiavelli-ism). One of his followers RonSuskind, senior advisor of President George W. Bush wrote in an article “Without a Doubt,” which appeared in the New York Times on October 17, 2004. According to Suskind, “in what we call the reality-based community,” which he defined as people who “believe that solutions emerge from your judicious study of discernible reality.” I [Suskind] nodded and murmured something about enlightenment principles and empiricism. He said. “That’s not the way the world really works anymore,” he continued. “We’re an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you’re studying that reality — judiciously, as you will — we’ll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that’s how things will sort out. We’re history’s actors … and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.”
Creating so called fabricated reality (sheer lie) started since the inception of this world but Global politics saw it more frequently by United States soon after the First World War. I would like to use word ghost in place of reality from now on.
Down fall of Nazis and creation of Soviet Union instigated a powerful neo-conservative of that time Donald Rumsfeld in the era of President Renold Reagan, to pursue creation of first Russian ghost, who is eager to use her nuclear arsenal against Americans. It was a classical example of changing the mindset of own people through the world of Fantasies (Hollywood). Series of movies were made in that era on the subject for instance; the most remembered and still continuing James Bond. It was genuinely the most heated era of the Cold War.
Later on, it was came in lime light that Russians had no such designs ever, but the ghost created by Washington and London Empire did their job professionally and cunningly courtesy CIA and MI- 6. The Russian economy went into Doldrums in order to appropriately respond the westerner’s onslaught to match up and to open new venues for the improving their deplorable economy they did a blunder- invaded Afghanistan.
The Afghan War fought financially by CIA for bigger aims, using innocent Afghans, Arabs and Pakisani Pushtuns as fuel, and the created Ghost was evaporated. Again the Machiavelli’s principle of cruelty and deception was applied, and executed with mind and force.
After 9/11 a new Ghost appeared, The Al Qaida, again Mr. Donald Rumsfeld was made available in Bush Administration, keeping in view his master stroke of creating the Russian Nuclear Ghost and we all know what happened since then.
The region is burning; Pakistan the ally of US in this War on Terror is fighting an intense insurgency since 2003. Pakistan Army has lost more than 3000 soldiers and officers and all that has happened after the US invasion of Afghanistan.
Meanwhile, the Machiavellian minds in US administration had started creating another Nuclear Ghost, this time on the pretext of insecure and theft able nuclear assets of Pakistan going into the hands of Terrorists. Nuclear weapons are accessible to Terrorists-Pakistan must improve the security of her Nuclear Arsenals-Pakistan nuclear facilities are not updated as per the international standards for security. Now this is the theme for Neo conservatives in Obama administration. Resultantly, uncountable Raymonds are loitering in the streets of Pakistan with their neo conservative agenda working hand and glove with CIA.
Now let’s analyze the overall nuclear safety environment around the world including Chernobyl disaster:
- It was a worst nuclear reactor accident that occurred on 26 April 1986 at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in Ukraine (then part of the Soviet Union).It resulted in a severe release of radioactivity following a massive power excursion that destroyed the reactor. Most deaths from the accident were caused by radiation poisoning. 56 direct deaths occurred whereas 800,000 suffered radiation exposure leading to cancer related deaths. The radioactive release of the Chernobyl event is claimed to be 300 or 400 times that of the bomb dropped on Hiroshima. The radioactivity released at Chernobyl tended to be more long lived than that released by a bomb detonation. So even without using atomic bomb this technology can eliminate thousands of people through radiation exposure.
- Critical observation of nuclear accidents history clearly indicates that US, Russia, France and some other European countries do not possess a good track record, rather United States and Russia tops the list in countries where nuclear accidents had occurred.
US biased attitude towards Pakistan can also be proved by scanning through the Indian record of nuclear accidents (including theft of Fissile material). This must also be seen in the context of US-India civil nuclear deal.
Based on data available from IAEA, some of the incidents are as follows:
- India has reported at least 25 cases of missing radioactive materials.
- Nearly 20,000 radioactive sources are used throughout India of which about 900 are particularly worrisome.
- These missed or stolen radioactive materials can be used by terrorists for making “Radiological Dispersion Devices”, which can create havoc such as Chernobyl.
- On 26 January 2003 CNN repoted that Indian company, NEC Engineers Private Ltd. shipped 10 consignments to Iraq, containing highly sensitive equipments entailing titanium vessels and centrifugal pumps. Indian investigators acknowledged that the company falsified customs documents to get its shipments out of India.
- In February 2004 India’s Ambassador to Libya, Dinkar Srivastava revealed that New Delhi was investigating that retired Indian scientists could possibly be engaged in “high technology programs” for financial gains during employment in the Libyan government.
- In 2005 Indian scientists, Dr. Surendar and Y. S. R Prasad had been blacklisted by Washington due to their involvement in nuclear theft.
- World cannot forget the Bhopal nuclear disaster (3 Dec 1984) in whichtoxic gas, methyl isocyanate, seeped from Union Carbide insecticide plant, killing more than 2,000 and injuring about 150,000.
On the contrary, in Pakistan not a single such incident has been reported because of highly professional work carried out by PNRA (Pakistan Nuclear Regulatory Authority). Case of Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan in this safe and professional nuclear environment seems to be a case of Phantom zing by US, in order to create pressure on Pakistan with regards to its nuclear assets.
It is easy to see now the fundamental level of power politics — the workings of the lie, hypocrisy, and half-truth with continuity.
The essence of immorality is the tendency to make an exception of myself. Jane Addams-
Indeed ignorable easily in the light of Machiavelli’s Principles.